Recipe for Russian Potato Salad
- 2 boiled potatoes chopped
- 2 hard-boiled eggs chopped
- 1/2 bunch chopped dill
- 1/2 can of olives, capers, or pickles chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegenaise or other mayo
- 2 carrots boiled and chopped
- a cup of cooked peas (I use frozen)
What is Resistant Starch?
- Resistant starch is a starch or carbohydrate that resists digestion in the small intestine and instead gets processed in the large intestine.
Reasons Why you Need Resistant Starch!
- It helps with blood glucose levels.
- It helps with maintaining healthy cholesterol.
- Studies show that it even helps in preventing colon cancer.
- It will feed the good bacteria or probiotics in our systems as it is a prebiotic.
Also reheating after it has cooled for several hours will not compromise the resistant starch!
If you enjoyed this video please like or leave a comment!